Total Pageviews

Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Years 2011

One of my New Years resolutions was to try to put my foot in others peoples shoes. In other words for me it means understanding where someone is coming from. When it comes to my work I try that I need to be very sensitive to the impact that the media, family and friends make on pregnant women. Some may offer positive imput but mostly it is not very positive. I take it upon myself to help women tap into their own inner wisdom during pregnancy and birth. I encourage and challenge them and their partners to look outside the box. That box is often filled with scary outdated hospital practices, old wives tales and basically misinformed facts that are not evidence based. Again my goal this year is to help women and couples realize and birth is phsiologically normal and that women are capable of giving birth just fine thank you and those around her need to help make the experience as positive as possible.....including the baby. Happy New Year....Happy Pregnancy, Happy Birthing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment